Share your Mono Lake photos!
Have a beautiful shot of Mono Lake? We'd love to see it! Found a historical shot you'd like to share? Help build an online collection of photographs documenting this unique place. Catch an amazing moment on your last visit? Now there is a great place to share it! The Mono Basin offers infinite photo opportunities, so show us what you've got!
We've got slideshows and flashy badges decorating spots around the website that pull from your shared photos. If you contribute, you'll be able to see them appear here! And you just may hear from us if there's a particularly good shot that we'd like to use on the website itself ... so what are you waiting for?
Visit the Mono Lake Group to see the collection in progress. If you'd like to contribute, sign up for a free Yahoo email account and Flickr account, and you're ready to share!
How to get started sharing photos:
- Go to yahoo.com and look for "Free mail: Sign Up" on the right hand column of the page. Click on "Sign Up." There's one simple page of information to fill out, and then your account is established.
- Now go to flickr.com and click on "Create Your Account" on the top right of the page. Enter your Yahoo ID (it's your new Yahoo email address) and your password, and then click "Sign In." You will automatically be taken to the place to create a new account. Choose a Flickr screen name (or leave it the same as your Yahoo name) and click on "Create A New Account."
- You now have what you need to begin sharing photos in the Mono Lake Group.
Step by step instructions on how to share photos with the Mono Lake Group:
- Sign in to your Flickr account (see above to get an account).
- At the top of the page, look for "Groups" and click on the grey arrow. You will see a drop down menu; select "Search for a group."
- In the search bar, enter "Mono Lake" and press "Search."
- Click on the top result "Mono Lake," and you will see the Group Pool.
- In the line under the words "Mono Lake" click on "Join This Group." Verify, and continue.
- At the top left side of the page click "Home."
- On the right side of the page, click "Upload Photos."
- Click on the "Choose photos" link. This will automatically open a window to the files on your computer. Find and select the photo you want to share. Click "Upload."
- When the upload is done, click "Add a discription" to add a title, description, and any tags you'd like. Click "Save" at the bottom of the screen. You now have photos in "Your Photostream" so you can share them with the Mono Lake Group.
- Go to the top of the page and click on the word "Groups." This will show the groups you belong to.
- Click on the Mono Lake group.
- Next to the headline "Group Pool" click on "Add photos or video."
- Click on the photo or photos (up to six at a time) you would like share with the group. Then click the "Add to group" on the right.
- You did it! Thank you for sharing your photos! Come back often to see what's new!