Mono Lake action center
The comment period for the Tioga Inn DSEIR is open;
submit your comments before it ends on
Wednesday, August 21 at 5:00pm PDT.
The Mono Lake Committee is encouraging people who value the Mono
Basin to submit a comment letter regarding the Draft SEIR for the Tioga
Inn, which has found that there will be "6 significant unavoidable adverse
impacts" from a proposed major addition to the current development
known as the Mobil Mart.
As currently proposed, the project will be highly visible from many classic viewpoints including South Tufa, Panum Crater, and Highway 395 south of Lee Vining, and will have significant impacts on the prized dark night skies throughout the Mono Basin, deer migration, the Lee Vining community and more.
A Google Earth view of the Tioga Inn project area with
the proposed components overlaid.
A Google Earth view of the proposed Tioga Inn project with Highway 120 on the
left intersecting with Highway 395, and Mono Lake in the distance.
• Article: Public comment letters on Tioga Inn plans needed by August 21
• Article: A 100-unit workforce housing fillage proposed adjacent to Lee
Vining near Mono Lake and Yosemite National Park
• Article: Tioga Inn project at the Mobil Station moves forward after
• Mono County website: 2019 Tioga Inn Specific Plan & DSEIR
• Mono County website: 1993 Tioga Inn Specific Plan & Final EIR
• Mono County website: Mono Basin Community Plan
Questions? Call (760) 647-6595 or send us an email.